Lynda: Not quite hummus but equally as delicious and lower in starchy carbohydrates. This recipe is packed full of digestion loving ingredients. Those that support better breakdown of foods and reduce excess wind and bloating. You got to love that. It also contains a good whack of healthy fats to keep you satisfied and full until your next meal. Zahini is amazing as a dip, sauce or even as a side dish/puree to accompany a quality protein. Give it a go and let me know what you think.
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp coriander, ground
- Himalayan salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp organic olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Place on grill setting.
- Cut zucchini in half and into medium chip-like pieces.
- Place zucchini and garlic cloves on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle with 1 tbsp olive oil, spices, salt and pepper.
- Grill for 10 minutes. Take out of oven and let cool for 2 minutes.
- Place zucchini and remaining ingredients in a blender. (I use Nutriboost bullet) Blend until creamy.
- Enjoy as a side dish, dip or sauce.
Big thanks to Naturopath Lynda Griparic for the recipe.
Start adding the 180 Superfood goodness into your diet today